Villa piedmont Villa Verdini
- Region: Piedmont
- Locality: Calamandrana
- Airport: Milan (156 km)
- Next shop: 1,7 km
- Distance to sea: 68 km
- Persons: 13
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 5
- Detached villa
- 11.02.2023 - 01.04.2023: 5.300 €
- 01.04.2023 - 30.09.2023: 7.450 €
- 30.09.2023 - 02.12.2023: 6.150 €
Exclusive villa Piemont
We found Villa Verdini after years of research in the area. We wanted to create something special ourselves and for our guests, in a great position with views to the alps, and the surrounding vineyards. It was important to be part of a village and not be isolated. And we wanted to be close to all the spoils of the areas: The Barbera, Barolo & Barbaresco wines, Torino, Asti, Alba, the Monferrato hills etc. At the same time, we wanted the house to be secluded and very private, tucked away and not too close to the touristy areas.
When we saw Villa Verdini, we knew right away that we had found what we were looking for, and much more. A sleeping beauty in the perfect position, on top of a hill with commanding 360 degrees views, only accessible from a small road, and surrounded by valleys on 3 sides. Untouched for decades, and completely in the original state from back in time when it was a prestigious wine estate.
The original building and cellars are from the 1870´ies, and the residential part of the mansion was converted in the early 1900´s in Liberty style, the Italian variant of Art Nouveau, complete with ornamental facades and wrought iron, Ligurian shutters and palm trees.
Inside the property was equally in complete original shape. The cellars and production part with vaulted brick ceilings, rustique hand-made oak doors and thick cooling walls. The residential part with handmade cementine tiles, white Carrara marble stairs, chestnut windows and carved ornaments in the doors.
Wherever possible the original elements, including the hand-painted ceilings, were carefully restored by local craftsmen and artists. All original doors, shutters and windows were removed and completely refurbished. Where original elements had to be replaced, we selected the same hand-made material from the same artisan producers.
As was normal in the days, the house had no bathrooms. 5 new bathrooms where carefully added in the back side of the house, where the staff quarters used to be. The bathrooms are all different, and equipped with all state-of-the-art facilities, while connecting them to the spirit of the house by choosing materials like brass faucets and reclaimed oak beams for tables and shelves.
The original furniture in the house is Liberty style, made from chestnut wood. It was meticulously refurbished by skilled local furniture conservators and is now back in Villa Verdini.
As the roof construction had to be replaced, we had the fantastic opportunity to use the old wood. All the dining tables, beds, shelves and bathroom furniture you see in Villa Verdini are made by a local master-woodworker from the hand-cut oak and poplar beams of the original roof.
All of this was supplemented, where it made sense, with high-end contemporary Scandinavian furniture and lighting.
To reduce the carbon footprint to a minimum, Villa Verdini produces its own electricity from a grid of solar panels on the roof. This was the biggest compromise to the originality of the building. Solar power is also used to run the heat pump that heats the entire building, so that no fossil fuels are consumed.
During restoration the team uncovered two old wells. They have been re-activated and are today supplying the water for the gardens.
- Kitchen: Bora hob and extractor, oven, American fridge with water/ice dispenser, wine fridge, toaster, blender, coffee grinder, Italian stovetop coffee maker, wine glasses, coffee and tea mugs, large stone mortar, Rösle high quality pots and pans, high quality knives + Japanese knives, all equipment for cooking and baking, plates in various sizes, bowls, slate coasters, cutting boards, charcuterie plates, cutlery, salt and pepper mills, aprons, cookbooks, vases, candle holder, champagne cooler, parmesan mill, cheese knives, pasta machine, oven bakeware, digital scales, soufflé mould, egg cups, lemon squeezer
- 7 bedrooms, 6 with king-size beds (180 * 200 cm), and one room with a single bed (90 * 200 cm)
- 5 bathrooms, all with rain showers, 1 with extra bath, 2 with bidet
- Large outdoor area with swimming pool (10 x 4.5 m | 1.5 to 2.5 m depth), terraces, lounge area, barbecue, wood-fired pizza oven, petanque court, professional basketball hub
- Parking space for 4-5 cars
- Electric gate
In the early and late season (before April 13th and after October 1st) there is the possibility to rent the villa for a smaller group at a reduced rental price. Please contact us.
Damage deposit: 2.000 Euro
Villa Verdini is a NON-SMOKING holiday home
Pets are not allowed